Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Words of Wisdom: day 68/365

Ok, so I was getting help from my cousin, a fellow blogger, and he told me I should write about my first crush. You see, I only ever remember having one crush (Travis Tedford who played Spanky in The Little Rascals). I mean, I know I have had other crushes, but I either a) don't remember their names (that sounds bad) or b) there is a possibility that they read this, so there is no way in heck I am going to write about them! And see, I mean beyond writing that I had a crush on Travis Tedford, I can't really write anything more. I was like 5 or 6 at the time and I just remember thinking....if boys didn't have cooties, I would totally hold his hand. I might even share my pudding cup with him. so beyond that....I got nothing. So I am going to write about an on-going love affair that I have with other people's words.
When I moved off to college in 2009, I wanted a way to remember all the important things that people have told me. So I grabbed myself a package of notecards and started to write down quotes that I affectionately called my Words of Wisdom. I hung them all on my wall behind my bed and went to them when I was having problems. Quotes came from all over and pretty soon, girls on my floor were leaving sticky notes with quotes on them on my door, or leaving notes asking if they could just come and spend some time with the wall after a tough day. I loved that I was able to help others as I helped myself. So some of the quotes were things that people told me, some came from sermons, some came from things I saw online, and some are my very own! The words of wisdom have become an on-going thing that I do in my dorm room every year. I add to it as I get new quotes and I have quite the collection right now! I don't know what I will do with them when I graduate, but I will keep adding to them....maybe an office wall or something. At this point in time, I think I easily have three hundred quotes....it really is an addiction to find the right words for every occasion and situation!

No comments:

Post a Comment