Saturday, August 4, 2012

topping off the sickly pot: day 50/365

Other than being sick, it was a good weekend at my aunt's house. However, in the fashion of life, all good things must come to an end! Sadly, that meant that mom and I had to come home today! I was excited to come home, but on the way home we got a call that poor Greg and Amy (Grace and new baby Hope's mom and dad) have the flu now! At least Amy is at the hospital, so she will be ok, and same for Hope if she has picked anything up from any of the various people who didn't know they were sick. I know it sounds weird to say that, but keep in mind, we all thought this started out as a case of food poisoning from some expired orange juice. Anyhow, that brings our total count to 17 of 20. We are really hoping that my daddy doesn't get it because he is very diabetic and so it is decided that if he gets it mom and I are taking him right to the hospital and letting them take care of him. Anyway, when we got home, we decided to go out school supply shopping and called Teresa and Joey to see if they wanted to go get school supplies for the boys with us...since it is tax free weekend. Wal mart was insane, but I still powned that store in a wheelchair, with a little help from daddy! It was a lot of fun and then as the icing on the cake, we all went out to dinner at Golden Corral! It was a super fun night and now, other than a few little things, ink cartridges, and groceries, I a, all ready to go....just waiting on a couple more weeks worth of healing time, and the doctor's OK to go back! I am excited to see my friends though! But it has been a long day, and with a couple of slip ups, it has also been a painful day....so I am thinking it is definitely time for bed...hope you all had/will have a great day! Pray I get to walk soon!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment