Saturday, August 25, 2012

Prayer is a good thing!: day 71/365

Tonight, as I got to see my family gather outside the hospital and pray for a dear little girl that we all love, I was reminded of the power of prayer. Various family and friends stood hands interlocked and did the one thing that could save this little girl! We prayed to God, asking Him to do a very big miracle in a very little girl! It was amazing, and I loved being able to just gather as one group! I think it kind of re-energized everyone. I know for me it gave me the ability to go back to school with a little clearer head and such! Which is awesome! I mean, as a family...we whole-heartedly believe in the power of prayer, and we believe that our God is bigger than any struggle we ever face in this life. A little under two years ago (in some ways it seems so much longer, and in other ways so much shorter) my family called on prayer warriors all over to pray for little Isaac! We saw God move in a wonderful way there! I have no doubt that my God is way bigger than this little girl's problems! While we were up there though, I was reminded of two things: when at a hospital, there are good moments and there are bad moments. When we first arrived, there was a kid out playing on the playground who hadn't been able to go outside for awhile and was so happy to sit in his wheelchair and look at the birds and butterflies, and to smell the flowers. I mean, we got to witness a moment in his life that had been long anticipated! However, while we were there, we were also reminded in a big way that this was a hospital. The life flight flew over and landed on the roof, which means that a child was in trouble. Life flights don't just land on Children's Hospitals for the heck of it. While my cousin's wife was playing and singing, there were also sirens going...So tonight in your prayers, lift up not only my family, but every family with a loved one in that waiting room. We feel the prayers, and I think that until you feel the power of prayers going up all over the world, you don't really know the feeling of being totally confident that things are going to work out! As a family, we still have days where we lose a little peace about the situation....but at the same time, there are days that more than make up for that minor lapse in peace! Keep praying and one day I will try to blog about what is going on....maybe when I have more answers than questions! Until then, hug your babies and hold them close, and say a prayer for babies and their families all over the countries trying to find that last glimmer of faith to get them through the day. I know today, I found mine in a group of people...with interlocked hands....praying to a God...with faith that could move mountains!
I will try to put up a blog tomorrow, but if I can't put it on here, than I will write it and put it up the next day, and just manually change the date! I don't know if my internet will be hooked up before Monday, and so Monday may even be a stretch....stay tuned and find out! You all rock! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment