Sunday, August 26, 2012

Mixed feelings: Day 72/365

Ok, so I moved into college today and mom, dad and Josh helped me get all my stuff down to my room! About he time we were finishing, my friend Amber came over and Aimee show up! My parents are driving to Iowa to visit my brothers and Josh has to work tomorrow morning, and so the plan has been that Amber and Aimee are going to help me unpack so that my parents can hit the road. So we unpacked for a little bit, then went and got dinner. I feel like I should use the term unpacking very loosely because I feel like we just moved totes around from one area to another! I mean, stuff did get unpacked and all that, but I feel like we moved things around more than we unpacked any of it! After unpacking for a bit, we were hungry and so we decided to forgo eating pizza and go to a little treasure of a place we like to call Mi Mexico. Many, many Sunday afternoons were spent at Mi Mexico for lunch! It seems that it is just a place that brings our friend circle together! Anywho, this is my senior year, and in some ways I am felling right now are excited, terrified, ecstatic, and sad.....all at the same time! I am excited because....well....it is my senior year of college! I went to college straight out of high school and that means that I have started school every fall for 17 years, 18 if you count preschool! I don't know a time in life not starting school as a student in the fall. Of course, as a future teacher, I will still start school every fall, but I am sure it is different when you are the teacher versus being the student! However, those 17-18 years have made the thought of not doing that a little bit terrifying. I don't do unknown things very well. Right now....life outside school is pretty unknown! I think that I know in my heart that I will do fine, but the thought is still a little bit disheartening! I was ecstatic to come back to school and see my friends and the fact that we will all go our separate ways this May, and that some of us are not coming back this next year.....that is the very sad part! I hate endings and finalities....always have, always will!
oh! and for those of you who know me, you will find this fact unbelievable.....I only moved one piece of my furniture in my room! It makes more sense for my dresser to be in the closet! That way....all my clothes are together right there!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment