Sunday, August 19, 2012

the window to the soul: day 65/365

Music has this funny way of being so versatile. It can create a mood, destroy a mood, cause a smile, and cause a tear. Music can empower us to do and feel so much more than we thought we were capable of doing. In movies it warns us of danger, and of love, and of sheer happiness. I mean really, imagine with me...your favorite movie scene that contains music; perhaps it's Jaws, or maybe you are more of a Madagascar fan, or maybe you like to let your love junky side show with a little Never Been Kissed. All the best scenes contain music and that music gives us insight as to what will happen. I mean heck, even movies have been made around the significance of music in a person's life (The Last Song is one that comes to the front of the mind due to having just watched it not too long ago, but I am sure there are countless others as well.) Music also has that power to remind us of a time that we wish we could relive over and over again, or that one moment we wish that we could forget, but can't...no matter how hard we try! The song Boogie Woogie Choo-Choo Train by The Tractors will always hold a very special place in my heart. My bad, my sister and I used to dance around to that song every single time it would come on. Krystal and I would sit next to the radio and wait for it, just hoping that dad was with us when we heard it. Her and I still call each other if we hear it on the radio! On the other end of the spectrum, the song Streets of Heaven by Sherri Austin came on and I had to change it, while resisting the urge to burst in to tears! Ironically enough....it skipped to Boogie Woogie Choo-Choo Train! Guess that is God's way of taking care of me. That song won't forever have that effect on me. but for the here and now....it does! Certain songs remind me of certain people...but if they didn't have that effect then record companies would fail. I mean think about it....at one time or another, we have been listening to music and that one song comes on that instantly gives you butterflies, and makes you think of that special someone. However, in the course of an instant, that song can also become the song that wells up so much anger within yourself. I really do believe that music is a window into the life of a person, what they feel, and that music can tell someone all those little things that you are to afraid to say!

No comments:

Post a Comment