Tuesday, August 7, 2012

answers: day 53/365

I went to the doctor today, and got some awesome news! I will not be on crutches when I go back to school! I will still likely be in the walking boot, but we will just have to see! I get to start taking steps and walking, to tolerance, starting Thursday morning. The thing I am most excited about to do besides walking? Showering...and being able to stand to do so. Mom and I talked about it though, and I will probably still take my stool in the shower with me and then I can still sit if needed, without having to lift it in there in pain! I am both very excited and very nervous to walk. I am excited about no crutches, but I am nervous about the amount of pain that I am sure will be associated with walking for a couple days at least. We tried to move my foot around a little today, and it hurt pretty bad....it's just so stiff after not moving around for so long. Looking forward to this with at least a little bit of apprehension though! Pray for those first steps!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment