Tuesday, August 21, 2012

One of THOSE girls: day 67/365

Ok so this is going to be another one of those random thoughts things, but that's alright. Lots on my mind right now...so random blog fits in with random everythign going on right now. But nevermind that, the real fact of the matter is that I have finally embraced the fact that I am one of THOSE girls.
Truth is...I have spent 21 years becoming, and perfecting being THAT girl. The girl that is a little different, the one that wore her individuality on her sleeve (well I guess more on my finger but whatever). I was always that girl in my group of friends who has every intention of waiting until I'm married. This picture shows a rare moment that my purity ring wasn't on my finger since I got it two years ago. It wasn't like I didn't make it known before that. I just didn't wear a ring on my finger because I had issues with wearing a TLW ring without having gone through the program. The ring only came off for this picture because it was my passive-aggressive response to a guy (who I really liked a lot I might add) who told me I would never get a guy if I wore that on my finger all the time. I am pretty sure the picture was text to him with a message that read to the effect of: "I don't want A guy...I want THE guy. And trust me...he won't care about the ring...or the pledge." I also want to point out that I was obviously committed to abstinence long before TLW....the one card is dated October of 2004....it was my first abstinence card and I have carried it every day since. It doesn't keep the temptation away....it just reminds me that God has a better plan. He will trade all those nights of "I wish..." for that lifetime of "I am so glad I waited!" I am, and will continue to be THAT girl....until the day I walk down the aisle...at which time, I can lean over and whisper in his ear..."I waited for YOU!"

No comments:

Post a Comment