Friday, June 22, 2012

yearning to stitch: day 7/365

I made this blanket for my nephew before he was born. This picture was taken at his baby shower. Let me tell you though, a lot of work went into this blanket, by me and my Momma Godert. Every time I went over to the Godert's house, I took this blanket to work on....you see, I got all the supplies and a friend loaned me a little sewing machine so that I could back the characters and then sew them onto the blanket. I had to get more creative than the average no sew blanket with this one though because at the time, there was no Dr. Seuss fleece released and so I have to do my own thing to put the characters on the blanket. At any rate, the sewing machine broke and that left one option....for me to hand sew all the characters onto the fleece and to then sew all the fleece onto the blanket....by hand, and to finish up by tying around the edges. my deadline...two weeks! while going to school and pulling off 17 credit hours worth of classes. To say I was proud when it was done is an understatement. I really miss sewing and I wish that I would hurry up and finish my room so I could set my machine up. I may just do that this weekend....hopefully. We will have to see though. Grandma would be proud to know that I hold her love for sewing! She would also be proud to know that I worked with my friend Aimee to learn how! I miss sewing.....mission for this weekend=clean room! I also made a T-Shirt quilt at school this past school year! it has flaws and so please don't point them out to me! but you know, for my first big solo project....I am proud! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment