Monday, June 25, 2012

On the banks of the Mighty Mississippi: day 10/365

As I prepare to go back to school for the very last time, I figured I would look back on my Freshman year and see what things I got myself into that year. So this would have to possibly be one of the things I remember most, well the thing that I was able to get on camera. This is the day that a trip to Quincy with the roommate and other friends (Karen, Kelley, Sarah, and Nick if I remember correctly) decided to go to the park. While most people are content just sitting and chilling, Rachel and I were not! We decided that playing in the mud would be so much more fun! It didn't start out as playing...it started out as walking, but then we decided it would be much more fun to throw it at each other! However, we were at least smart enough to drive to the Wal-Greens nearby and get some extra clothes (seeing as I was in a white shirt, we figured this would be a good idea!). After we changed, it was game on! And game was brought! equipped in shorts that were a size too small and a shirt that was a size too big, Rachel and I began slinging mud. The mud was cold and smelled like fish. Not to mention that we were on the banks of the Mississippi River! But the fun doesn't stop when the mud throwing does, it continues on and on! So Rachel and I get done with this mud slinging battle and we decided to clean up a bit! We realize that all there is is a water thing about a foot and a half off the ground! so we used that to get the majority of the mud off, which was no easy task, and we finished up with cleaning up in a bathroom sink! WE headed back to the school and (my luck, of course) it was open dorms and so I couldn't take a shower right away! I had to sit in my room for almost 2 and a 1/2 hours until open dorms were over! After my shower, my skin was super soft, and I definitely had a lot of fun! I will put a before and after shot of the mud fight and then I will put a picture of us trying to clean up and such.....

1 comment:

  1. Unfortunately, I was unable to be there. :( But I've heard all the stories! ;)

    ReplyDelete