Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Family Reunion: day 5/365

I was on Facebook today and my cover photo is of me with a band at Winter Jam, We As Human. What most people don't know is that this photo was taken at like 1 or so in the morning. I know, I know....I have here what sounds like the beginning of a great CSI show....20 year old and a 19 year old....in a parking lot at 1 AM with a group of rockstars. I digress though, and return to the real meaning of what I was telling you all about that night. I was with my friend, Amber Ash-Cook, and we were on our second trip to see Winter Jam, first time in Kansas City, Mo...second time in Peoria, IL. Anywho...we get to Peoria about 2 or 3 hours early.... just so we can be first in line! Other people there however had that same idea. It wasn't until we were IN line...that Amber realizes she can't find her memory card to her camera. So we go in pursuit of a wal-mart (one turn onto the wrong side of the highway later...we found it!). We get back and get back in line and we were just sitting there hanging out and Amber starts tweeting back and forth with the guys of the band We As Human who gave us tickets to the Peoria Winter Jam. I had met them in Kansas City and hung out with them there too! But before anyone starts thinking my mom is terrible for letting me hang out with rockstars until the wee hours of morning....she is not....I was hanging out with a CHRISTIAN band, at a CHRISTIAN event. I feel as though that is a pretty safe argument. Back to the story! Amber convinces them to come out and see us....which was awesome. So they came out to see us and then took pictures and hung out for a bit and then had to go back inside :( So Amber and I get inside and make a bee-line for the front (we had Jam Nation passes so we got in before the majority of people anyway). WE got seats that were right at the front...it was AMAZING! The concert was awesome (as it was in KC) and then, during Skillet's performance, Justin (from We As Human) had Amber come get me so that we could go backstage. This was the second time they had taken me back, and it was just as cool the second time as it had been the first time! After the concert was over, we hung out during their signing session and took pictures for them. When all was said and done, we helped them break down their stand and get it all packed up and then we headed for our car and they headed for theirs...with plans to meet up at Denny's for some early breakfast, which if you know them, or Amber and I, it was sure to be an enjoyable time. So Amber and I drive over to meet them in the parking lot and they come out and say "change of plans, there is left over Buffalo Wild Wings...wanna eat that instead?" and of course we agree. I think BWW is by far my favorite place. So here we are at 1 AM.....eating BWW....in a parking lot....chilling out with a band! It was glorious and BY FAR something that I will never forget! This picture stems from my saying "let's have a funny picture!" Funny is what they do best!

No comments:

Post a Comment