Thursday, November 8, 2012

day 8

Jeremiah 29:11 says, "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD. "Plans to prosper you , and not to harm you. Plans to give you a hope and a future." Even as I sit here tonight, rubbing my eyes, so ready to go to bed, I find myself wanted to just sit and meditate on how powerful of a promise that is. I mean, I don't know about you, but I am absolutely flattered to know that a God that has a whole world to worry about, took the time to write a future for me of that magnitude. It also gives me the peace needed to make it through tough times. This is because God promises me that His plans are not there to harm me, they are there to grow me. I am so thankful to serve a Savior who has my thoughts and my feelings in mind when He decided what my future would hold. I feel that this post is super short (maybe it makes up for the super long ones the past few days), but still so powerful. I also kind of feel like the thankfulness speaks for itself. Also, I can't really find words to say (or type for that matter) that really express how unbearably happy this promise for my future makes me. So I am not even going to try.....I am jsut gonna give up here and clean off my bed and go to sleep.
Words of wisdom for this evening: "One day your life will flash before your eyes, make sure it is worth watching!" ~Gerard Way

No comments:

Post a Comment