Tuesday, November 6, 2012

day 6

I was reminded tonight of how thankful I am for CRU. Our CRU division is called Overflow. For those of you who do not know what that is, CRU is a group that is designed to bring Christians together weekly for worship and fellowship. It used to be called Campus Crusade for Christ. Anywho, I was just reminded tonight, abotu how God puts us in positions of authority, in order to get His work done. I am on leadership, and I feel like I am growing so much through weekly meetings with the other leaders and such. For me, as you read a few days ago, college has not been the greatest experience thus far. With that being said, CRU has definitely been a big part of my staying close to God through all that has happened to me. I feel like my faith is constantly being matured through CRU, and I love it. I have loved serving on leadership team for the last two years, and thsi semester I have thoroughly enjoyed being a part of helping to train those who will take our place for leadership next semester, as well as in the years to come. I feel like God has done quite a bit in the hearts of those who join us weekly, and it has made my heart so happy to be a part of that. I hope that I am able to stay active on leadership team next semester, but if not, I will still attend the weekly meetings! I can't wait to see what God has in store for CRU and for HLGU, with both what's left with this leadership team, and in the years to come with the new one! I feel totally comfortable leaving CRU in their capable hands! :)
Now for your Words of Wisdom. With the election day today and the results still coming in, I feel like people could use this reminder. However, for my readers that are not here in the United States, and therefore, not going through our presidential election today, I feel like these words are still a good reminder. They actually come from the book of Romans, and if you have the desire to look up the verse, it is Romans 13: 1-2 "Let everyone be subject to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God. Consequently, whoever rebels against the authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and those who do so will bring judgment on themselves." People....God called us to submit to His authority, but also to respect the authority that has been placed over you here on Earth. I am not saying to go against your beliefs, but I am already tired of seeing things that say "it's the end of the world" and things like that. This is not the attitude that we are called to have as Christians. God determined the election over 2,000 years ago, and if he chooses to end the world in the next four years, He will end it. But I promise you, it will have NOTHING to do with the election. And so, here is a double dose, another word of wisdom perhaps: agreeing to disagree is not compromising your morals or beliefs, it is having the maturity to recognize the differences in people's opinions. And yupp, that right there is a 100% original.....made up by yours truly. So until next time......and I promise, no political debates then. And as a closing thought, be glad you are not my friend Ryan tonight, who just received a 4 page rant about how people need to agree to disagree. And Ry, if you are reading this. I am sorry! Forgive me?

No comments:

Post a Comment