Sunday, September 30, 2012

Longing for the simplicity of childhood

So, I don't know if any of you all feel this way, but I really wish I were back to a point in life where my hardest decision was whether I wanted to sleep with just one baby doll in my bed, or all of them. Back in the day where mommy kisses fixed boo-boos, and homework was something that was forever away. Back when I played pretend school, instead of learning how to teach real school. You know, I really wish I was back around this age:
In this picture, I am three......almost four. These were the days! I could do somethings for myself, but I didn't have to worry about surgeries, college tuition, whether or not I could finish college, relationships, future plans, or getting moved before fall break. Right now, these are all things that are weighing on my mind. *Spoiler Alert* for those of you who don't know, I have surgery on my knee October 16.....I know what you are all thinking! "Hold up, didn't she just have surgery on her ankle?" if that is your thought....then my answer would have to be "why yes.....yes I did!" And if your next thought is "child, what did you do to yourself now?" my answer to you would be "you know, I'm really not sure"......my MRI concerns the surgeon greatly, and so they are going in to find out how severely I am hurt and to fix it! While all of this is going on, I am trying to figure out if to stay or not (already decided I am going to finish, and gosh dangit! I am going to walk across that stage in May and get my diploma!). Currently, I live on the bottom floor, but I am hoping I can talk to my RD and get my room moved to the second floor, which is technically the entry level floor! And I would like to take a bit to brag on my friends because they have all told me that if I had to move, they would move my stuff and my friend Amber told me she would redecorate my room after surgery! I love my friends! One day, I will realize why I am so blessed.....until then.....I shall love this crazy, tragic, sometimes almost magic, awful beautiful life! I feel like that is my theme song to life! :) until next post folks! I have also decided I am going to leave each post with a quote to live by! This was jsut decided, so this is ending Words of Wisdom installment #1!
By the way.....in case you were wondering.....what you can't see in that picture is a bed full of my baby dolls :) I always chose to sleep with all of them, so that they didn't get lonely.....I have since outgrown that.....now I only sleep with one teddy bear. At school it is the bear that my family made me and sent to me for my 20th birthday. At home, it is the one my aunt took me, to make at build-a-bear when I was really young.....I was 5, I believe! She took my two brothers, my sister, and I and let us make them as a Christmas gift....I still cherish it every single day.....but especially on those nights at home, tucked in and wrapped up tight, snuggling with my Beary Winterson (I wasn't too creative with the names.....his birth certificate just says Beary, I have since gave him a proper name.....meaning a first and last name). And as I snuggle tonigth with Homeslice (I did not have any hand in naming that one) I remember that my family thinks about me as much as I think about them! Again, one day.....I will learn why I have been as blessed as I have, but until then I will just take it for what it is worth, and appreciate it! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment